Highlight of the academic calendar at MBA(BE), the Annual Convention provides a valuable platform for interaction between industry and academia. A current business issue is chosen as the theme for the convention and distinguished industrialists, policy makers, professionals and academicians are invited to put forth their views. MBA(BE)'s annual publication, The Business Economist is also released the same day in the event which also lies on the lines of the main theme.
The event was held on 14th October, 2015.
Theme - Embracing Adaptability: Honoring The Past, Seizing The Present, Shaping The Future.
The event was graced by the presence of Ms Swati Maliwal, Chairperson, Delhi Commission for Women and Dr Ashok Gulati, Infosys Chair Professor for agriculture, ICRIER who addressed the audience as the Chief Guests of the day.
The event also witnessed brainstorming sessions by distinguished speakers on numerous sub-themes including–
1. Population in The Nation’s Balance Sheet
Inefficient Price Discovery In Education - Dr. Saumen Chattopadhyay, Professor, JNU
Technology – Just What The Doctor Ordered - Mayank Aggarwal CTO, Curefy.in
2. An Offer the Consumer Can’t Refuse
Hard Selling Vs. Soft Selling - Abbishek Sharma, Associate Director,Real Estate Consulting firm
Catching The Fish Using InterNet - Sunny Jaiswal, Sr. Manager, Snapdeal
3. Success Has No Fixed Recipe
Sunil Goyal, CEO and co-founder, Yournest.
Kalpana Jain, Partner, Deloitte
4. Panel Discussion: Currency Wars – Trends and Implications
• Dr. Devendra Kumar Pant, Chief Economist and Senior Director, India Ratings & Research
• Manuj Kumar Jain, Strategy and Operations, KPMG
• Dr. Sugata Bhattacharya, SVP, Axis Bank
• Dr. Rohit Azad, Assistant Professor, JNU